Wednesday 27 February 2013

Clearing Out


A roll of black bin liners to my office I have brought,
And into them go papers, after giving it much thought.

Notes from the past, and books from which I have studied,
Some have been most helpful, from which revelation budded.

But everything must go, a new chapter now Im starting,
New things will have to come, as from the old I am parting.

It is indeed a sad day, as some things I hold quite dear,
But I know it must be done, as the office I must clear.

Sometimes I like holding, to the things of the past,
But they are merely earthly things, which are not meant to last.

For I was born eternal, and my life it is forever,
So from these earthly things, I must truly sever.

For Im a heavenly being, and my home is up above,
A place prepared for me, by my Father of great love.

So these things in my office, they just have to go,
Dont ask me why, because I really do not know.

So I just keep pressing on, until the jobs complete,
And until it is accomplished, I will not retreat.

Upwards and onwards, with ruthless resolve,
Until the works completed, my mission I must solve.

I do not know what lies ahead, what further steps to take,
But the task of clearing out, I will not forsake.

By Dave Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment