Sunday 24 February 2013

Cease Striving


The load I give you, is really very light,
Just lean on Me, and walk by faith and not by sight.

Come and delight yourself in Me,
Your bonds are broken, I have set you free.

The price Ive paid for your release,
All your inner strivings now must cease.

Learn to rest in who I am, and what Ive done,
For youre My child, My precious one.

Theres nothing now you have to prove,
No feat of war, or mountain high to move.

Take My yoke upon you, and rest in My great power,
Then youll find yourself in Me in your darkest hour.

No weapon formed against you, will do you any harm,
So rest within My presence and do not show alarm.

Take My yoke upon you and I will give you rest,
Cause you to stand in triumph, over every test.

The battle I have fought for you, the victory Ive won,
Now you are joint heirs with Me, Gods anointed one.

Rest in Me My dearest child, rest in Me alone,
For with My blood I bought you, for you I did atone.

You do not have to strive, to reach your heavenly goal,
For by My awesome act of grace, I have saved your soul.

By Dave Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. This is really good, far above the vast majority one comes across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dave, i agree this really speaks to the heart

    ReplyDelete