Tuesday 26 February 2013

Body Exchange


I refuse to give in to my  bodily woes,
I simply can’t humour the thought
That, as I get older,
My medical folder
Is full of the problems I’ve caught.
I must be a prize for the medics,
For I’ve got about everything now,
A blood pressure gauge that zooms to the sky,
Cholesterol levels that just want to fly,
And I just can’t lose weight, however I try,
Everything’s getting quite fraught.

I awake every morning with a throat like a rasp,
Put my weight on my legs and utter a gasp,
My nose keeps on running, my ears start to pop,
When I go for a pee, I simply can’t stop,
I get dizzy spells whenever I sneeze,
And daren’t go outdoors if there’s a light breeze,
Yes, my poor old body is getting worn out,
If they offered a prize, I’d be in with a shout.

But you see, my friend, and it may seem strange;
There’s this thing in Heaven called a body exchange,
And when I get up there, I want the full works,
A new fully functional body, with perks.
Not that I’ve earned it, but the Lord’s full of grace,
I can’t wait to see the smile on His face,
As He offers to me the best that’s in store,
And these aches and pains will be with me no more.

By Bill Thomas

1 comment:

  1. The power of hope, it keeps us going. I enjoyed reading this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete