Tuesday 5 March 2013

Eternal Bliss


How can I think of the world to come
When I know so little of this?
What have I achieved, what have I done
To deserve eternal bliss?
Why should I gain from another man’s pain?
Why should my sin be placed upon Him?
I’ve been set free, but how can it be
When I know I deserve much less.


Why does His mercy outweigh my guilt?
I doubt if I’ll ever know.
Why did the scales in my favour tilt?
Why do His clemencies flow?
Why does His grace afford me a place
In the realm of His Son, after all that I’ve done;
His blessings are for me, why does He adore me,
And where did my transgressions go?


What can I do, but give Him all praise
For the things He has done for me?
How will I spend the rest of my days?
What will my future be?
If I can just serve Him, though I don’t deserve Him,
And give Him the glory, and tell out His story,
For I certainly know when I finally go,
His face I will surely see.

By Bill Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment