Thursday 7 March 2013

Crucified with Christ


Ive been crucified with Christ, so its no longer I who live,
For on the cross with Christ I died, when He His life did give.

Christ and I have been made one, for Im hidden deep in Him,
He has fulfilled the law for me, so now Im freed from sin.

Both sin and death have lost their power, Im now at peace with God,
And Im walking on a pathway, that Jesus Christ has trod.

For Im a new creation, made in the image of Gods Son,
And on the holy highway, I will my journey run.

No sin is counted to my charge, no evil me befall,
For I am clothed with Jesus Christ, and Hes my all in all.

The gospel is good news for me, for it tells me who I am,
That all my dreadful failures, have been dealt with by the Sacrificial Lamb.

So sin is not an issue, and death has lost its power,
So Christ and I do walk as one, each day and every hour.

For Im hidden in His holiness, and Im covered by His love,
And in this awesome truth Im sealed, until I reach my home above.

By Dave Thorpe 

1 comment:

  1. A poem to go right to the heart of many a soul's troubles, I think.

    ReplyDelete